This review post will reveal everything about this joint pain supplement and how it really works but first let’s talk a little about joint pain, a common problem that affects so many people around the world.
Joints are important parts of the body that help limbs move. If a person experiences pain in the joints, known as arthralgia, it can be uncomfortable and affect their ability to partake in daily activities.
True joint pain (arthralgia) may or not be accompanied by joint inflammation (arthritis). The most common symptom of joint inflammation is pain. Inflamed joints may also be warm and swollen, and less often the overlying skin may be red. Arthritis may involve only joints of the limbs or also joints of the central part of the skeleton, such as the spine or pelvis. Pain may occur only when a joint is moved or may be present at rest. Other symptoms, such as rash, fever, eye pain, or mouth sores, may be present depending on the cause of the joint pain. (source)
Causes of Pain in Many Joints
In most cases, the cause of pain originating inside multiple joints is arthritis. Disorders that cause arthritis may differ from each other in certain tendencies, such as the following:
- How many and which joints they usually involve
- Whether the central part of the skeleton, such as the spine or pelvis, is typically involved
- Whether arthritis is sudden (acute) or longstanding (chronic)
Acute arthritis affecting multiple joints is most often due to:
- Viral infection
- The beginning of a joint disorder or a flare up of an existing chronic joint disorder (such as rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis )
- Gout or calcium pyrophosphate arthritis (previously called pseudogout)
Less common causes of acute arthritis in multiple joints include Lyme disease (which also may affect only one joint), gonorrhea and streptococcal bacterial infections , reactive arthritis (arthritis that develops after an infection of the digestive or urinary tract), and gout.
Chronic arthritis affecting multiple joints is most often due to:
- Inflammatory disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, or systemic lupus erythematosus (in adults)
- The noninflammatory disorder osteoarthritis (in adults)
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (in children)
Some chronic inflammatory disorders can affect the spine as well as the limb joints (called the peripheral joints). Some affect certain parts of the spine more frequently. For example, ankylosing spondylitis more commonly affects the lower (lumbar) part of the spine, whereas rheumatoid arthritis more typically affects the upper (cervical) part of the spine in the neck.
The most common disorders outside the joints that cause pain around the joints are:
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Bursitis or tendinitis
Bursitis and tendinitis often result from injury, usually affecting only one joint. However, certain disorders cause bursitis or tendinitis in many joints.
Omega XL Reviews
Omega XL Reviews: Omega XL is a dietary supplement that contains more than 30 different fatty acids. It contains a blend of omega-3 fatty acids, all of which are sourced from natural ingredients.
Instead of obtaining the essential fatty acids from fish or algae, which can give a fishy aftertaste like any other fish oil extract, this product sourced them from green-lipped mussels.
Many arthritis organizations have recommended natural ingredients (derived from the green-lipped mussels) to relieve joint pain, especially for older people who may be more sensitive to synthetic products than young people.
Related: Benefits Of Omega XL
Omega XL ingredients
Since Great Healthworks claim that Omega XL is of significantly higher quality than other fish oil supplements, we need to take a very close look at the ingredients.
As you can see, Omega XL uses a proprietary blend rather than giving us exact dose information. This means we actually have no idea which fatty acids we’re actually getting, or how much of them we get per serving. Since Omega XL’s main selling point is that it contains 22 times more omega 3 fatty acids than fish oil – and better omega 3s for that matter – you’d think they’d want to show that on the label! For all we know, this blend could be 99% olive oil anyway.
- PCSO-524™ – According to a recent study, Perna Canaliculus Green-Lipped Mussel Extract or PCSO-524™, is 89% more effective for easing joint pain compared to regular fish-based supplements.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – These fatty acids are known for helping relieve painful joints, and some studies suggest that they also act as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Vitamin E – Commonly found in olive oil, vitamin E has numerous health benefits, such as improving skin and nail health.
- Monounsaturated Olive Oil – Monounsaturated olive oil (i.e. extra virgin olive oil) is known as the healthiest fat on earth, and it’s easy to see why.
Omega XL Side Effects: Is it safe?
Although we’re less than convinced of this supplement’s efficacy, we are confident that it is unlikely to cause side effects in the vast majority of users. OmegaXL is mostly olive oil, which many people consume in very large quantities every single day.
While generally safe for regular consumption in large amounts, people may find that consuming extra oil of any kind causes side effects, including:
- Stomach cramps
These side effects usually go away once you stop taking the oil supplement, and in most cases the side effects alleviate without cessation as your body gets used to the extra oil.
The other ingredients in Omega XL are mussel oil and vitamin E. Both of these substances have been studied in clinical trials and are thought to be generally safe for regular human consumption.
Real Customer Reviews About Omega XL Supplement
Is Omega XL a scam? Well, below we will share with you what people have to say about this supplement and how long it takes to actually see any results. We selected some of the reviews from Amazon about the product (spoiler alert: not so good).
Thank you for reading this review, I hope that it made things clear about how this natural supplement works and if it can help you with your condition or not. Feel free to add a comment if you already used this supplement or if you know some others that you need a detailed review about, we can make a separate post for it and help as many people as we can.
- Extracted from non-animal sources
- Toxin-free and fights free radicals
- Small easy-to-swallow soft capsule
- Quite expensive
- Some customer reviews spoke about seeing no effects
- Quality of ingredients such as the green-lipped mussel extract is not established
Omega XL Reviews: Conclusion, Should You Buy It?
Based on the reviews and our research we can say that Omega XL looks like a scam, and we do not recommend that you order this supplement to treat your joint pain.
Omega XL is a heavily over-priced omega 3 supplement. The website misrepresents the clinical data on the active ingredient, PCSO-524.
The makers of Omega XL make their green-lipped mussel extract out to be a big deal. But their “proprietary blend” is only about 33% mussel extract; the rest is regular old olive oil!
There’s nothing special about “green lippeed” mussels or the waters of New Zealand anyway! Even if this was 100% green lipped mussel extract, we still wouldn’t be impressed.
Most of the reviews from Amazon are negative and the positive ones are not to be trusted they don’t look like normal reviews from people that actually used this supplement.
If your joint pain is really bothering you we recommend you try Mind-Body Matrix Pain Relief Cream proven to works fast.
It is backed by science and already helped thousands of people around the world with their joint pain.
Our #1 Recommended Joint Pain Cream
Mind-Body Matrix Pain Relief Cream
- Better price
- 6 months guarantee
- Compared to the expensive pharmaceutical drugs and medication, the Mind Body Matrix Pain Cream is quite affordable.
- Works very fast
- Safe to use
- The cream cannot be purchased over the counter or anywhere else but the official website.
- No free shipping